2009/12/11

Inhumanity

I am the madness
That makes men want to kill
I am the taste of blood
That gives them the thrill
I am the feeling that
Drives a mother wild
Until she beats to death
Her helpless baby child

I am the fist
Raised in anger
I am the cry
"Let's gang bang her!"
I am the yell of a husband
Screaming at his wife
I am the verdict of a jury
Asking for a life

I am the first stone
Thrown in a riot
I am the taunter
Saying I dare you to try it
I am the daggers
Seen in many eyes
I am the forked tongue
Of a thousand million lies

I am the crowd
Full of faces
Chanting names
At other races
I am the soul of hypocrisy
Making a shambles
Of this democracy

I have raised civilizations
Destroyed powerful men
Ruined the lives of many
And I'll do it once again

For I am fear and trouble
Terror and death at my best
And if I get a hold of you
I will never
Never ever
Let you rest

For I am insanity
And there's a little bit of me
To a moral-less degree
In all humanity
I am inhumanity



©1972 David P. Cannon
10-27-1972